GLISA needs you!
GLISA (the TWU Graduate Library and Information Studies Association) is the graduate student professional association for the SLIS program. GLISA is currently seeking officers for the 2016-2017 school year.
Candidates should be GLISA members in good standing who will be enrolled in at least one SLIS course during the Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 semesters. Learn more about GLISA and become a member HERE! Nominations and memberships are open to both master level and doctoral students.
To nominate yourself or another candidate for a GLISA Officer position, please send an email to email@example.com with the candidate’s qualifications and a brief statement of support. Volunteer today to make a positive difference with GLISA by serving on the new Officer team!
A brief description of the officers' duties:
- The President shall preside at all meetings, direct the activities of the other officers, and oversee matters concerning membership, publications, and GLISA-sponsored projects and activities.
- The Vice President will serve as the President Elect, and must commit to being an officer for two years. S/he shall be responsible for publicizing the activities of the association. S/he will serve as editor of the GLISA newsletter.
- The Secretary shall record the minutes of every GLISA meeting and and make them available to members on the GLISA Blackboard site. S/he will also write notes of appreciation where appropriate on behalf of the chapter. S/he will create drafts for correspondence, advertisement, marketing, etc.
- The Treasurer shall collect dues. S/he will keep accurate records of membership and financial matters transacted by GLISA.
- The Web Administrator shall update and maintain GLISA's online presence, including the Blackboard site, GLISA blog, and social networking sites.