Are you interested in a scholarship to attend the 2017 ALA Conference?
If so, apply now!
What Does the Student-to-Staff Program Recipient Receive?
- Free annual conference registration
- $50 per diem [4 days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monda) x $50=$200]
- Free housing for 5 nights (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday)
- Recipient agrees to share a hotel room with another Student-to-Staff Program student. If student does not want to share a room they must provide alternative housing for the entirety of the trip.
- NOTE: Students are responsible for all transportation costs (airfares, taxis, etc.) and hotel amenities (Wi-Fi and entertainment)
Student-to-Staff Program Qualifications
- Current ALA member
- Current GLISA member
- Cannot have previously participated in the Student-to-Staff program
- Must be an ALA member and current students during the 2017 ALA Annual Conference (June 22-June 27)
- Must arrive in Chicago on Thursday, June 22 and depart no earlier than Tuesday, June 27th, 2017.
- Must work 16 hours at the ALA Conference over the span of 4 days (Fri-Mon)
How to apply
Submit an essay, video, or virtual presentation (with audio) to GLISAatTWU@gmail.com answering the questions below by
5:00 PM (CST) December 5th, 2016
- Why do you wish to attend the ALA Conference?
- How do you expect to benefit from the experience?
- How you will share your experience with GLISA?
Deadline: 5:00 PM (CST) December 5th, 2016
For more information on the Student-to-Staff Program please visit: http://www.ala.org/groups/affiliates/chapters/student/resources/studenttostaffprogram